PRIVACY NOTICE IN COMPLIANCE WITH GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATIONS
On 25th May 2018, a new EU Data Protection law, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) comes into effect. The GDPR will allow individuals and companies in the EU to have more control over how their data is used and places certain obligations on businesses that process such data.
JIT Industrial Products Ltd is committed to protecting and respecting the privacy of those using the services of JIT Industrial Products Ltd and of those visiting our website www.jitwebsite.com.
This privacy notice explains how JIT Industrial Products Ltd., 16 Melford Road, Righead Industrial Estate, Bellshill, Lanarkshire, Scotland, ML4 3LR collects personal data, how it may be used, what rights you may have in relation to your personal data and how you can contact us.
Please note this Site may contain links to other third-party websites. We are only responsible for the privacy practices and security of the information we collect. We recommend that you check the privacy and security policies and procedures of each and every other website you visit.
1. How we collect your personal data
We obtain Personal Data about you in both online & offline. We collect Personal Data when you:
- visit our website
- meet with our sales team
- contact our customer service team, attend our events/exhibitions/workshops or request information from us in any other way
- communicate with us via social media platforms, third party apps or similar technologies
- we may also collect information about you from third party sources such as sub-contractors and service providers.
2. What personal data we collect
When you visit, register on or submit enquiries to JIT Industrial Products Ltd you may be asked to provide certain information about yourself including your name and contact details. We may also collect information about you from correspondence you send to us. We may process the following Personal Data about you for the purposes listed in paragraph 3 below:
- Company Name
- Company Registration & VAT Number
- Company Registered address (including site locations)
- Company Contacts - including email addresses, phone, fax & mobile numbers
- Bank Account Details
- Transaction history (historical sales/purchasing data)
- your Internet Protocol (IP) address
- information in the public domain such as social media user name or ID
- Device ID (Desktop, Tablet or Mobile)
On occasion we may collect data from 3rd party sources such as social media posts, trade publications or online publicly available sources, if we feel we have a product or service which may be of benefit to you in a business capacity. Initial contact is usually by telephone during which we will request your consent to email the relevant information.
3. The purposes for which we process your personal data
We may process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to provide you with information, products and services enquired or ordered by you
- to provide customer support
- to provide you with personalised marketing communications
- to notify you of any changes to services & to provide you with information in relation to similar goods & services that may be of interest to you
- to conduct marketing analysis to allow us to assess trends and the effectiveness of our advertising & marketing campaigns
- to administer our site and help improve our products & services
- to detect and prevent fraud
- to comply with applicable laws & regulations
Data protection law requires us to have a legal ground before processing any Personal Data about you.The legal grounds for us processing your Personal Data for the above purposes will typically be because:
- you have provide your consent
- it is necessary for the performance of a contract with you or to decide whether to enter into a contract with you
- the processing is necessary for our compliance with a legal or regulatory obligation
- the processing is in our legitimate interest as a leading supplier of industrial products
4. Who we share your personal data with
We may share information about you with third parties in certain circumstances including in the following situations:
- Sharing your information with service providers - we may share information with companies or individuals, if necessary, that provide us with services. These services may include, among other things, helping us to provide services that you request, to create or maintain our databases, to prepare and distribute communications or to respond to enquiries.
- Sharing your information as permitted by law - we may share your information with others as required by, or permitted by, law. This may include sharing your information with government entities, or third parties in response to subpoenas, court orders, other legal process, or as we believe is necessary to exercise our legal rights and/or to protect the property or safety of our customers or others (including exchanging information with other companies & organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction), to defend against legal claims that have been brought against us, or to defend against possible legal claims that we determine in our sole discretion might be brought against us.
- Blogs, articles, cast studies & testimonials - We may decide to allow users to share comments, postings, testimonials or other information. If you choose to submit such information to us, the information that you submit may be available generally to the public. Information that you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them.
- Business transaction - In the event that we, or any portion of our assets, are acquired or we undertake a business or asset acquisition or prospective acquisition process, your information may be transferred to the acquiring company or other entity surviving such a transaction.
- Other third parties - We may share non-personal data with our third parties that are not described above. When we do so we may aggregate our de-identify the information so that a third party would not be likely to link data to you, your computer or your device. Aggregation means that we combine the non-personal data of numerous people together so that the data does not relate to any one person. De-identify means that we attempt to remove or change certain pieces of information that might be used to link data to a particular person.
5. Managing your privacy
GDPR sets out a number of user rights to manage and protect your personal data
- The right to be informed of how we process your data.
- The right of users to access their data
- The right to rectification which simply means the right to correct any incorrect data being held.
- The right to erasure, commonly known as the “right to be forgotten” meaning the right to have certain kinds of data deleted under certain circumstances.
- The right to restrict processing meaning the right for a user to ask you to stop using their data in certain ways.
- The right to data portability, meaning the users right to download the data held and upload to a different service provider.
- The right to object, meaning a user’s right to object to your uses of their data and
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling, which largely pertains to data used for the purposes of advertising, marketing and behavioural analysis.
JIT Industrial Products is committed to protecting the online privacy of children and making the internet safe. We do not provide products and services to children, or knowingly collect or solicit Personal Data from children without parental consent when consent is required by the local applicable laws.
7. Transfer of personal data
8. Data Retention
We retain your Personal Data for as long as necessary to provide the products and services you have requested, or for other essential purposes such as complying with legal obligations, resolving disputes, and enforcing our agreements.
9. Your Rights
Data protection law gives rights to individuals in respect of Personal Data that organisations hold about them. You may:
- request a copy of the Personal Data that we hold about you
- request that we rectify, restrict or delete your personal data
- if you decide that you do not want to receive commercial emails from us, you can “opt-out” from receiving such emails by replying to the email with “unsubscribe” in the subject line. If you would like to exercise your rights, please contact us using the contact information set out in paragraph 10 below. Please note that requests to exercise data protection rights will be assessed by JIT Industrial Products Ltd on a case-by-case basis and actioned in a timely manner in accordance with GDPR compliance. There may be circumstances where we are not legally required to comply with your request because of the laws in your jurisdiction or because of exemptions provided for in data protection legislation.
10. Questions & Complaints
If you are still dissatisfied, you have the right to complain to your Data Protection Authority; however, all complaints should be raised with JIT Industrial Products Ltd.in the first instance.
Further information on GDPR can be obtained from Information Commissioner’s Office